How Therapy Can Help Eating Disorders
Using child-friendly techniques we will uncover how your child is feeling, the underlying causes and triggers of their eating disorders and develop strategies to feel better.
As every person has individual needs, with their own personality and different levels of openness to therapy, the therapy plan is tailored to their particular needs to help them explore and understand their struggles.
Individual needs and goals may include:
- Free your child of their symptoms
- Reduce your child's preoccupation with food
- Introduce the acceptance towards having a healthy weight
- Developing their self-esteem
- Have a good body image
- Learn to deal with emotions in a positive way
- Develop social skills
- Restoring adequate nutrition
- Reduce excessive exercise
- Stop negative eating behaviours
- Restore weight
- Resume typical child behaviour
- Decrease anxiety and fear
With no waiting to get booked in, before you know it your child will be relaxed, talking with therapists about how they’re feeling and on their way to living a happier life.