Here are some statistics help to help put your child's anger disorder into perspective. From Mental Health Organisation: Boiling Point Report:
From The Sunday Times Magazine:
- Almost a third of people polled (32%) say they have a close friend or family member who has trouble controlling their anger.
- More than one in ten (12%) say that they have trouble controlling their own anger.
- More than one in four people (28%) say that they worry about how angry they sometimes feel.
- One in five of people (20%) say that they have ended a relationship or friendship with someone because of how they behaved when they were angry.
- 64% either strongly agree or agree that people in general are getting angrier.
- Fewer than one in seven (13%) of those people who say they have trouble controlling their anger have sought help for their anger problems.
- 58% of people wouldn’t know where to seek help if they needed help with an anger problem.
- 84% strongly agree or agree that people should be encouraged to seek help if they have problems with anger.
- 45% of us regularly lose our temper at work.
- 27% of nurses have been attacked at work.
- 1 in 20 of us has had a fight with the person living next door.
- More than 80% of drivers say they have been involved in road rage incidents; 25% have committed an act of road rage themselves.
- 50% of us have reacted to computer problems by hitting our PC, hurling parts of it around, screaming or abusing our colleagues.